Short Films (direction, design, writing)
2018 “Flowing Through Wonder / Le jour extraordinaire” (Lardux films) 14“
2012 “Leaving / Partir” (Lardux Films) 3,30”
2010 “The silence beneath the bark / Le silence sous l’écorce” (Lardux Films) 12”
2002-2005 “Under the stone”, “MoonBlues”, “Trop près du sol”, “’ trees‘ migration” (EMCA animation school) : student films
2015 “Syrie : quand l’eau vint à manquer” and “100 % d’électricité propre, c’est possible” (Métafor) two short films directed for the COP 21 convention : Design and direction
Awards, distinctions and reviews
“Flowing Through Wonder”
- 2019 FLICKERFEST (Sydney/Australia) : Yoram Gross Award for Best International Animation (Academy® Accredited) : « the Art was amazing, elegant and energetic. The meaning of the life cycle was do delicately managed in the story, we really felt in fear for the community, everything was in the now with an eternal motion. Joanna should be proud and keep making stories that project beyond language. »
- 2019 ANIMA (Brussels/Belgium) : official selection
- 2018 Screened on national television “FRANCE 2”.
- 2018 PIAFF Festival du film d’animation de Paris : audience award
- 2018 CINANIMA (Espinho/Portugal) : jury prize
- 2018 TOUS COURT (Aix/France) : jury prize
“The silence beneath the bark”
- This film figures in the list of 250 best animated short films, composed in August 2012 by Lee Price, Director of Development at the Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts (Philadelphia, PA), along with six other panelists : Scott Bussey, Jorge Didaco, Waldemar Hepstein, Bill Kamberger, Robert Reynolds, Sulo Vatanen, and additional assistance from participants on the IMDb Classic Film message board.
- It also figures in the The Animation Show of Shows (Box Set 7) published by Ron Diamond (Academy® membership), which contains academy award winners, nominees and award-winning shorts.
- A huge distribution of 35-mm copies, in french’s cinemas with Les Films du Préau : a French film distribution company for children in cinemas as well as on DVDs.
- Article in the Animation Reporter magazine (2011)
- 2012 TRICKY WOMEN FESTIVAL (Vienna) : Audience award
- 2011 ACADEMY AWARDS – OSCARS (Los Angeles/California) : Short listed
- 2011 FLICKERFEST FESTIVAL of Sydney : official selection
- 2011 BIRDS EYE VIEW (London/Angleterre) : best short animation
- 2011 FARGO FILM FESTIVAL (Dakota/USA) : best animated film
- 2011 THE WORLD FESTIVAL OF ANIMATED FILMS (Varna/Bulgarie) : best short film
- 2011 ADANA GOLDEN BOLL FILM FESTIVAL (Adana/Turkey) : short animation jury special award
- 2011 ANIMAX SKOPJE (Macedoine) : third prize
- 2011 FESTIVAL DU FILM MERVEILLEUX (Paris/France) : best short film
- 2011 TROIS JOURS TRES COURTS (Castres/France) : jury prize
- 2010 LUCAS FILMS Festival (Frankfurt/Germany) : jury prize
- 2010 CINEMA D’ICI ET D’AILLEURS (Sainte Livrade/France) : audience award
- 2010 LES NUITS MAGIQUES (Bègles/France) : public prize
- 2010 ANNECY ANIMATION FESTIVAL : official selection
- 2010 CLERMONT-FERRAND INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL : official selection
- 2010 WORLD WIDE SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (Toronto/Canada) : Best animated short
«Magic, simplicity and wonder come together to create the fantastical world of our heart’s choice for Best Animated Short, The Silence Beneath the Bark. »
- 2010 VIII INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL of ANIMATIONS ARTS “MULTIVISION” (St Petersburg) : best visual imagery
- 2007 ANNECY ANIMATION FILMS FESTIVAL : jury prize for the best original animation project
“Under the stone”
- 2005 Article on the film “Under the Stone” published in ASIFA’s « Cartoons” magazine #2, magazine edited by the Ottawa Animation Festival’s Artistic Director Chris Robinson and John Libbey.